Pay per click (PPC) is an online advertising medium in which advertiser has to pay search engines for every click by internet browsers. Paid ads made by PPC consultants are displayed on search engine result pages and website depending on if it is search targeted or content targeted.
Types of PPC Ads:
- Search Targeted: When a user searches for specific keywords on the search engines, relevant ads are displayed, along with the organic results, on the user’s browser. The ad is displayed on top, bottom and right side.
- Content Targeted: This type of ad is displayed on content pages related to particular keywords and the place of the display is determined by a bidding system.
What is bidding war?
Although the amount of money is thought to be the topmost factor for higher ranking, there are many other important factors considered by the best search engines. For example: Google considers Quality Score and the relevancy of the ad content. The bidding price varies according to the keywords. General keywords are more expensive as well as more competitive than specific keywords. Therefore, it is important to identify the right audience, take care of your budget and walk with a well-developed PPC strategy.
PPC Strategy – Phase 1: Initial Planning
To start with, you need a full analysis of what is going on in the online as well as offline market to check customer demographics, the industry and competitors. You must have a unique brand and selling points for your products/services. Next, define your clear goals: what do you want from your campaign? Do you want to increase a website’s traffic or brand awareness, do you want to increase net profit and conversion rate, etc. PPC and SEO must go hand in hand and you should learn lessons from each strategy.
PPC Strategy – Phase 2: Running the Campaign
The next step is to choose how to run your campaign considering all necessary elements: Campaign structure for the budget and related stats, keyword selection, Ad wording, landing page development and campaign tracking, which involves deciding that the customer behavior tops the list of all important factors.
PPC strategy – Phase 3: Testing and Optimizing
The next vital phase is testing and optimizing your campaigns. If further involves four steps:
- Keyword Management: Identifying the right keywords worth of spending time and money on.
- Advert Management: Make sure that you test tone, wording, structuring, offer details and display URLs in your advert.
- Landing Page Management: Build a landing page specifically relevant to what users are searching for and it should cover everything that customers might be interested in. Use SEO keywords driven content and keep it looking natural and useful. Use split testing if you have enough traffic. Check each and everything, including font style, images, colors, etc. on the landing page.
- Campaign Management: PPC keyword research offers deep insight into the matter and helps develop new ways to market your product/services.
Benefits of PPC over Other Marketing Mediums
As the name pay per click suggests, you pay only when someone clicks your ad. So, you have to pay for only when someone shows interest in your offering. Different packages of campaigns allow you to spend according to your pocket. Campaigns help target accurate audience and bring faster results with accurate tracking of results. All you need is to hire genuine PPC consultants because only a good consultant will make you money and improve your sales leads.
A successful PPC strategy has three phases: Initial planning, running the campaign, and testing and optimizing. PPC and SEO must go hand in hand under the supervision of genuine consultants to assure success.